A personal trainer costs $50 to $100 per hour but for $39, the price of a weeks worth of coffee, you can get an entire months worth of coaching and support! I personally answer every question.
Getting stronger, more muscular, leaner, and healthier requires knowledge, a support network, and some sweat - This website provides the first two and you provide the last! I have over a decade of experience helping thousands of people get in the best shape of their lives, and I can help you too! With my help, and the help of our awesome, supportive community, you will be able to achieve your goals! Our closed community is a nurturing environment united by similar goals of strength and muscle gain, fat loss, health, fitness, and performance improvement.
- Weekly scheduled chat time where I can answer those quick questions you have
- Cardio motivation like the popular run around the world challenge and the bike to the moon challenge
- 24/7 chat room for those quick questions and socializing with others trying to get into the best shape of their lives
- Private forums for getting your detailed questions answered
- An awesome support group to help you succeed
- A profile to help hone your goals and fitness program
- Private progress diaries to help motivate you
- Personal best wall for achievements you are proud of
- Activity stream/ Wall to keep in touch
Why choose Scooby's Sweat4health?
Great question! I have a lot of experience with forums. Before I started my own very successful AskScooby.com forum. Read about why Scooby's Sweat4health is the best fitness forum.
I belonged to many of the big fitness forums for years and I can tell you what happens there, if you don't believe me, join them and ask a few questions to confirm I am correct. When you ask a question on a free fitness forum, answers are typically one of the following forms:
- Stupid question. How dare you waste their time with such a "STUPID question"!
- Trolling. Giving ridiculous answer/advice just to be funny or controversial. The scary thing is that some people are so good at this that many people who are new to fitness believe this advice and act on it.
- Promotions. Free forums are filled with people who are paid to subtly promote products. Someone posts that they are a "hard gainer" and someone responds telling them to try Mass Gainer 9000 because it helped them "gain 30 pounds muscle in 6 months". Since many forums make their money selling supplements and have ads for supplements, they often have these "promotion moles" themselves.
- Insults. Free forums are the gutter of humanity. Discussions on fitness topics always seem to end in insults. People seem to be unable to debate things in a civil fashion. "Agree with me or you are a MORON" is the rule rather than the exception. Insulting the person rather than constructively discussing the topic seems to be the methodology used by many.
- Show offs. People giving answers only given to show off how smart they are, how strong they are, or how fabulous they look. "Follow me on Instagram/Facebook!" is probably their signature line and their answer will probably contain a link to their latest eBook or website.
My personal philosophy is that there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. Every question is a great opportunity to teach. As far as promotions, Sweat4health has no commercial sponsors and has no advertisements, in fact, I actively discourage the purchase of *anything*. Nothing is promoted nor sold. I learned from my AskScooby forum during the 6 years and keeping people civil was the biggest constant challenge. Requiring a small monthly membership fee on a credit card does amazing things at weeding out the incivility. In the entire three years of sweat4health, I have only had to ban one single member as compared to the nearly daily bannings at AskScooby.
Features of Sweat4health
Weekly Scheduled Chat. Every Friday we have a scheduled chat, this is one of the most rewarding parts of sweat4health for me and I look forward to it every week. In addition to the weekly scheduled chat, there is a chat column on every page and when I am on the website answering peoples forum posts, I chat with whoever is online.
Fitness Challenges. Challenges are a very important part of Sweat4health and we use them to help motivate us. We have new challenges every month but the most popular challenges so far have been the run around the world challenge and the bike to the moon challenge. For those starting out on their fitness journey, walking is the most awesome exercise of all so we also have a "Walk Route 66" challenge! Very soon we will be starting up the deadlift 10 million pounds challenge! All these challenges are fully integrated into our system and are simple to use. Members help our team complete the goal as well as compete against themselves by setting their own weekly and monthly goals. These challenges have all come from the amazing suggestions of our members.
Forum. We are a community! Here you can discuss the latest fitness research, get workout suggestions, talk about nutrition, and provide encouragement to each other. I will add my two cents worth on every question asked but in many cases your fellow members will be more knowledgable and have better answers than I will. I don't have assistants or employees, I personally will chime in on every thread. There is no such thing as a stupid question!
Social Media. In this closed fitness oriented community, your profile shows all about your fitness goals, your workouts, your nutritional plan, your progress photos, and your progress diary. You can see who is online, join a chat room, or message your fitness friends. You can ask me questions and let people know how your workout was today in your activity stream where people can comment on it. A private, safe, and friendly fitness version of Facebook.
Personal Best Board. Health, fitness, strength, and endurance come one day at a time, one small accomplishment at a time. Did you do your first real pullup? Did you run your first mile without having to stop or walk? Did you squat your own bodyweight for the first time? We will encourage you every step of the way!
Progress Diaries. A big part of making progress is keeping track of what you have done and what the results were. If you have trouble, ask for help and we will gladly give you suggestions on how to change your nutrition or workouts. A lot of our great discussions actually happen in peoples progress diaries.
Important Note I am not a certified personal trainer nor am I a medical professional - nothing here constitutes medical advice. If you have medical issues, your physician is the person you need to consult with. It is your responsibility to discuss any information found here with your physician and decide if it is appropriate for you before acting upon it.
Current Sweat4health Challenges
Our monthly challenges are a very popular feature and they help us all stay motivated. In addition, the long term challenges below are an awesome way to stay motivated because we know the whole community is depending on our contributions!